Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Darker Mask


I just finished my short story Dred for The Darker Mask mask anthology, edited by Gary Phillips and Chris Chambers. The anthology is being published by Tor Books. It's the first time I had to write as part of a theme (supeheroes with a dash of pulp) and it was a strange experience. I was trying to figure out the story and got busy beating myself up and was having a difficult time getting the words down. Then I started thinking about the pulp writers from the 40's who wrote for such magazines as The Black Mask. Back then, they knocked out a story in a few days and made a living at it those stories still hold up decades later. So I decided to roll up my sleeves and go for it. I think Dred turned out pretty good. Now I have to wait and see what Mr. Phillips has to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home