Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Under A Puerto Rican Sky


My new short story Under a Puerto Rican Sky is featured in the March issue of the online literary magazine natcreole.com and also showcases some of my photography. Nat Creole was launched a few months ago, and when I read it, I was really impressed with the content, as well as the visual design. Brook Stephenson, the literary editor, asked me to contribute a story when I met him at a birthday party in a September.

I was going to submit an older story, but my friend Michael suggested I write something new in which I'd be able to use my photographs. I decided to look at some photographs I'd taken in Puerto Rico two years ago and let them inspire the story. It was a different approach, but I think it turned out really well. Check it out for yourself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charli Cole said...

Hi, Jerry. My name is Cali Castillo and Sulay Hernandez directed me to your site.

I am currently writing a novel intended for the Latino imprint as well. It's also intended to be a series about an Afro-Latino family.

It's multicultural urban glam and since I'm not one to beat about the bush, I'll have you know the first novel of the series is centered around an affair I had with an R&B singer and how that affair ruined several personal relationships in my life--though I'm maintaining my stance on this being a work of fiction. :)

My cousin also happens to be an R&B singer, Keyshia Cole. I don't know how familiar you are with R&B music, but if you're interested, check out her album, The Way It Is. It's already gone platinum. But one can never have too many sales. (Sorry, what kind of cousin would I be if I didn't give her props?)

Anyhow...I have an entire blog dedicated to Sulay, so she can monitor my work in progress. Several authors are visiting. And I encourage them to leave great remarks about Sulay as well...because she is great.

I'd like for you to stop by some time.

The address is www.forsulay.blogspot.com

I'd love to hear your comments as well. They would truly mean a lot to me.

I hope you have a bit of an open mind, though.

I'm a free spirit as well as a free-thinker. And you will occasionally hear some pretty wild things--especially when it comes to my bios and diary.

Just stop by and let me know what you think.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you, luv.

Cali

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I considered myself as the professional in this theme, and did not think that I can find in the Internet something new. But having come on your site, I have understood, that I know nothing and it is necessary for me to study and study as much as possible.
- www.blogger.com g
phentermine

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Good resources here, good stuff. Your web site is helpful. Enjoyed the visit!
- www.blogger.com 6
spaghetti alla carbonara

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home