Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Esperanza is coming...

As I was walking down Washington Avenue in Brooklyn, on my way to buy a cup of coffee, my cell rang. It was Kate Duffy from Kensington Books. She told me that everyone at Kensington loved Hunting The Innocent and she made me a final offer and I accepted. They felt that they didn't have anything like it and planned to push it big time. A three-book deal. In a flash I went, from struggling fiction writer to published author, and it was surreal.

Editor Sulay Hernandez had believed in me and my book, and worked her butt off to make it all happen. Now I was to begin a new chapter in my career. If everything went well, and readers embraced Hunting The Innocent the same way Kensington had, my series character Nicholas Esperanza, would hopefully have a very long, literary life...

1 Comments:

Blogger JA Konrath said...

Congrats, Jerry!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home